I. Zhejiang University
Zhejiang University (ZJU), founded in 1897, is located in the eastern coastal city of Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang province. As one of the earliest institutions of higher learning in China, ZJU is now a leading research university under the direct administration of China’s Ministry of Education. Historically reputed as the ‘Oriental Cambridge’, ZJU has always been ranked among the top universities in China in terms of its academic strength in teaching, research and social service. With a long-standing commitment to seeking truth and pursuing innovation, ZJU is keen to further open up to the world and collaborate globally for the betterment of public welfare everywhere.
II. About ZJU-ISM
Promoting human health and well-being
Pursuing excellence in clinical education, research and care
The Zhejiang University International School of Medicine is located in Yiwu, the largest wholesale market of consumer goods according to the UN, World Bank and other authoritative organizations. The first half (376,666 sq.m.) of ZJU-ISM’s new campus is scheduled to open in September 2023. When the entire campus is fully operational, ZJU-ISM will accommodate 1,500 stu¬dents in various disciplines in 2024. With the combined support of the University and Yiwu government, ZJU-ISM will better serve the national ‘Double First-class’ initiative and deliver the top-quality care the region needs, and transform health professional education in an interconnected world.
With program length of 3 academic years, our master’s degree program is offered in Chinese generally. Graduates fulfilling all the degree requirements will be awarded the doctoral degree.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the relevant supervisors in advance according to their own determined research direction. Information about supervisors and their research directions can be found on the website of ZJU-ISM( https://ism.zju.edu.cn/en (website in progress)).
Applicants are expected to enclose in their application package the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student signed by a ZJU supervisor if applicable.
Catalog of Master's Degree Programs 2023
|Academic Degree||Internal Medicine-International School of Medicine||Including research directions:|
Cardiology, Hematology, Respiratory, Nephrology
|Academic Degree||Surgery-International School of Medicine||Including research directions:|
General Surgery, Orthopedics, Urology, Neurosurgery
|Academic Degree||Obstetrics and Gynecology -International School of Medicine|
|Academic Degree||Oncology-International School of Medicine|
|Academic Degree||Neurology-International School of Medicine|
|Academic Degree||Dermatology and Venereology -International School of Medicine|
|Academic Degree||Imaging and Nuclear Medicine -International School of Medicine|
|Academic Degree||Geriatrics-International School of Medicine|
|Academic Degree||Sports Medicine-International School of Medicine|
|Academic Degree||Nursing-International School of Medicine|
|Academic Degree||Social Medicine and Health Management-International School of Medicine|
|Professional Degree||Internal Medicine-International School of Medicine|| Including research directions:|
Cardiology, Hematology, Respiratory, Gastroenterology, Nephrology
|Professional Degree||Pediatrics-International School of Medicine|
|Professional Degree||Neurology-International School of Medicine|
|Professional Degree||Psychiatry and Mental Health -International School of Medicine|
|Professional Degree||Critical Care Medicine -International School of Medicine|
|Professional Degree||Dermatology and Venereology -International School of Medicine|
|Professional Degree||General Family Medicine -International School of Medicine|
1. General Requirements
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with proper moral conduct, in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study, have a bachelor’s degree (applicants who have not got the degree certificate when applying shall provide the pre-graduation certificate first, then provide the academic degree certificates no later than registration) and be under the age of 35 (age limit is flexible for healthy applicants with certain work experience and high academic ability).
2. Requirements on nationality
2.1 Applicants who have renounced their original Chinese citizenship (including residents in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) and become foreign citizens shall provide the documents certifying the cancellation of Chinese nationality, according to the policy of the Ministry of Education of the PRC.
2.2 If the applicant has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents were both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents was a Chinese citizen, parent’s (with Chinese citizenship) permanent residency in a foreign country should have been obtained prior to the birth of the applicant.
3. Language proficiency requirements
Applicants should meet with Language Proficiency Requirements of Master Degree Programs at Zhejiang University for International Applicants (Download).
V. Application System and Duration
Application System: Online Application System for International Students
Application Duration: From now to June 1, 2023 (deadline)
1. How to choose the International School of Medicine: In the step of Study Plan in the Online Application System for International Students, choose the School of Medicine in the First Preference College. Then, select the major with the suffix "International School of Medicine" in the First Preference Major.
2. Applicants must complete the application in the Online Application System for International Students before the deadline, provide all materials in full as required, and pay the application fee.
3. Applications for scholarships will be processed according to the schedules of different scholarships respectively.
VI. Documents for Application
Applicants must log in to the Online Application System for International Students of Zhejiang University, fill it out clearly and upload completely the original or notarized scanned copies of the following materials as required:
1. A photocopy of the passport.
2. Highest degree earned certificates. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate. The original or notarized copy of the academic qualification certificate must be submitted after admission (the degree certificate must be obtained no later than registration).
3. Academic transcripts during Bachelor’s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies.
4. Language proficiency certificates. (Download)
5. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, which should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
6. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be included in the letter.)
7. Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If applicable)
(If applicable; click the filename to download)
Applicants shall provide the above form for supervisors to complete. Old versions will not be accepted.
9. Applicants are encouraged to provide GRE、NTS-GAT test score.
10. Applicants who have renounced their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens shall provide the documents certifying the cancellation of Chinese nationality, according to the policy of the Ministry of Education of the PRC.
11. If the applicant has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents were both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents was a Chinese citizen, please provide the following:
 documents certifying having acquired foreign citizenship at the time of birth;
 documents certifying parent’s (with Chinese citizenship) permanent residence in a foreign country before the birth of applicant.
1. After submitting the above materials via the online system, please pay the application fee in the system or upload the remittance voucher for the application fee.
2. The above application materials must be in Chinese or English, and notarized copies of translations must be provided for texts in other languages.
3. Please do NOT send the hard copies of the application materials via postal system nor send them by e-mail. Any paper application materials and the application materials sent by e-mail will not be reviewed or processed.
4. Supplementary materials or video interviews may be required when necessary.
Applicants for master’s degree programs can apply for the following scholarships
1. Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program(CSC A type) (Link)
2. Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program(CSC B Type, application deadline is December 31, 2022) (Link)
3. Zhejiang Government Scholarship For New International Master’s Degree Students (Link)
(Click the filename to download) and submit it together with other application materials.
VIII. Contact Us