Postdoctoral Research Fellow
About Zhejiang University
Zhejiang University is a comprehensive, research-oriented and innovative university with distinctive characteristics and great influence both domestically and internationally. It offers a wide range of disciplines, including philosophy, economics, and medicine. ZJU is highly regarded and has achieved notable rankings in various global university rankings. In the QS World Rankings 2023, it holds the 42nd position, and in the QS Asian Universities Rankings 2022, it ranks 13th. Furthermore, ZJU is ranked 3rd in the National Rankings 2022 of the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) and 36th in the World Rankings of ARWU.
The Fourth Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, the International School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, and the International Institutes of Medicine, Zhejiang University form a collaborative partnership established by Zhejiang University and Yiwu Municipal People's Government. With a commitment to uphold the quality and standards of Zhejiang University, and a focus on national strategic priorities and the implementation of the "double first-class initiatives", this triad development model aims to create an internationally recognized, cutting-edge and research-oriented institute for advanced medical education. Its purpose is to explore how local internationalization can drive innovation in medical science and embark on a new educational journey that embraces global engagement.
The Fourth Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine is a provincial, comprehensive tertiary class-A hospital integrating medicine, education and research, and is directly affiliated with Zhejiang University. It has a planned 4,300 beds and is ranked top 5% of the tertiary public hospitals in China, making it the youngest hospital in the country to earn the award.
The International School of Medicine, Zhejiang University (ISM) is a secondary college run and managed by Zhejiang University, which is set to become an institute of higher medical education serving the national "Belt and Road" initiative. Huang Hefeng, an academician from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and a famous reproductive medicine scientist, has been appointed as the Dean of the International School of Medicine.
The International Institutes of Medicine, Zhejiang University is a platform for scientific research support and translational medicine research, and has been approved as the first batch of new provincial-level R&D institutions in Zhejiang Province, Zhejiang Engineering Research Center for Future Pathology, Postdoctoral Workstations. An international and cutting-edge research team has been built, focusing on “5+X” disciplines, including Reproductive Medicine, Oncology, Regeneration and Aging Medicine, Global Health, and Traditional Chinese Medicine. 8 centers have been built, including the Centers for Reproductive Medicine, RNA Medicine, Oncology Medicine, Regeneration and Aging Medicine, Metabolic Medicine, Brain and Nerve Disease Research, Mitochondrial Medicine, and Genomics Medicine. We will continue to carry out high-level clinical translation and cutting-edge multidisciplinary cooperation.
The aforementioned organizations are currently accepting applications for the position of Postdoctoral Research Fellow. This is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated individuals who have recently obtained their doctoral degree and wish to advance their research careers in a dynamic and prestigious academic environment. As a Postdoctoral Research Fellow here, you will have the opportunity to work with renowned faculty members in cutting-edge research facilities and alongside a vibrant research community. You will be part of a team focused on conducting impactful and innovative research in various fields of medicine and healthcare.
- Research Conduct: Your primary responsibility is to conduct high-quality research in your area of specialization. This involves designing and implementing research methodologies, analyzing data, and interpreting results to generate meaningful findings.
- Collaboration: Collaborating with fellow researchers, faculty members and graduate students is an essential aspect of your role. You are encouraged to engage in interdisciplinary collaborations and contribute to research teams within your department or university.
- Professional Development: As a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, you have the responsibility to enhance your research skills and broaden your knowledge base. This may involve attending seminars, workshops and conferences relevant to your research area. Additionally, you are encouraged to keep abreast of the latest advancements in your field through reading academic literature and engaging in discussions with experts in your discipline.
- Publication and Dissemination: You are expected to publish your research findings in reputable academic journals and present your work at conferences and seminars.
- Mentorship and Teaching Assistance: Depending on your specific role, you may be involved in providing assistance and mentorship to graduate students or assisting in teaching activities.
- Contribution to the Academic Community: As a member of the academic community, you are encouraged to contribute to the intellectual environment and academic culture at Zhejiang University.
- Ethical Conduct and Integrity: You have the responsibility to uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity in your research activities. This involves maintaining honesty, transparency and intellectual integrity in data collection, analysis and reporting. Adhering to ethical guidelines ensures the credibility and reliability of your research outcomes.
- You should not exceed 35 years of age.
- You should anticipate to complete a doctoral degree in the near future or already have earned one within the past three years.
- Your fields of specialization should be among the following: reproductive medicine, life sciences, neuroscience, pharmacy, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, animal science, chemistry, basic medicine, clinical medicine, nursing, public health and related disciplines.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- You are expected to be proficient in research methodologies and data analysis techniques relevant to your field of expertise.
- You should have excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present research findings effectively.
- You should have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- You must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
- You should have prior experience in conducting laboratory experiments and using specialized research equipment.
- You are expected to have strong commitment to scientific integrity, ethical research practices, and responsible conduct of research.
This is a full-time job.
This is an in-person position based on our campus in Yiwu City, Zhejiang Province. (For information about this city, please refer to the content provided in the following link: http://www.yw.gov.cn/)
We offer an outstanding and competitive benefits package including:
- Salary: We offer an annual salary starting at 400,000 RMB (excluding research incentives).
- Housing: An apartment can be leased according to university regulations; You can receive a government housing subsidy of 800,000 RMB as per the policy.
- Career development: You are eligible for participation in professional title assessment.
- Research conditions: Collaborating supervisors provide funding support for research projects and opportunities to collaborate with other laboratories. They actively recommend and assist in the application for national and provincial-level research projects. The organizations provide matching support based on the funding requirements of the projects.
- Family support: You are eligible for local government subsidies. We assist in enrolling children in schools or nurseries, as well as finding employment for your spouses.
- Facilities: We provide access to all sports facilities and libraries at Zhejiang University.
Criminal records, Education, Identity, Physical examination
Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
At our organization, we are unwavering in our commitment to equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, fairness and dignity, regardless of your background, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or abilities.
We embrace diversity as a strength, recognizing that it fuels innovation, enhances creativity and drives better outcomes. We actively seek diverse perspectives and experiences, valuing the unique contributions each individual brings to our organization. We strive to create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued and empowered.
We are dedicated to providing equal opportunities for all, eliminating barriers that impede full participation and contribution. We continually assess and improve our policies, practices and systems to ensure fairness and inclusivity. We actively promote education, awareness and understanding among our employees and stakeholders, fostering a culture of empathy, respect and allyship.
We understand that our journey towards equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging is ongoing. We are committed to continuous learning, growth and accountability, holding ourselves responsible for creating an environment where everyone feels welcomed, embraced and celebrated.
Together, we are building a diverse, inclusive and equitable future where everyone can thrive and be your authentic selves.
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter expressing your interest and highlighting your qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) detailing your educational background, research experience, publications and any other relevant information.
- Three representative works.
- A summary of your research accomplishments and future research plans (maximum two pages).
- Contact information for three references who can provide insight into your research capabilities and potential.
All the materials needed for application should be integrated into a PDF document, and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "[Position] Application - [Your Name]". Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Address: N1 Shangcheng Avenue, Yiwu City, Zhejiang Province
DOCTORAL SUPERVISOR’S INFORMATION (Sort By Last Name Chinese Stroke)
|SUPERVISOR||RESEARCH DIRECTION||PERSONAL HOMEPAGE|
|DANTE NECULAI||Lipid Metabolism/ Innate Immunity||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0013284|
|Daniel Henry Scharf||Fungal Pathogens and Fungal Natural Products||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0018166|
|Ma Jun||Phylogenetic Genetics||https://person.zju.edu.cn/jun_ma_lab_cn|
|Wang Kai||Lung Cancer Targeting and Its Immunotherapeutic Efficacy||https://person.zju.edu.cn/2101012|
|Wang Jianwei||RNA Modification/Tumor Metastasis Microenvironment||https://person.zju.edu.cn/2304003|
|Wang Luxi||Tumor Immunology/Cancer Biology||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0022339|
|Gu Ying||Biological Rhythm Regulates Important Physiological Processes/ Mechanism of Human Disease and Its Clinical Application||https://person.zju.edu.cn/mengqu|
|Qu Meng||Biological Rhythm Regulates Important Physiological Processes/ Mechanism of Human Disease and Its Clinical Application||https://person.zju.edu.cn/mengqu|
|Zhu Guixin||Tumorigenesis and Its Drug Resistance||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0022075|
|Zhu Yanfen||Chromatin Advanced Structure and Transcriptional Regulation/Circular DNA||https://person.zju.edu.cn/yanfenzhu|
|Qiao Shuai||Structure and Function of Immunogenesis||https://person.zju.edu.cn/shuailab|
|Liu Wei||Mechanism and Function of Autophagy||https://person.zju.edu.cn/lw|
|Chi Zhexu||Immune Metabolism and Cell Scorch||https://person.zju.edu.cn/zhexuchi|
|Sun Qiming||Molecular Basis of Organelle Homeostasis Maintenance||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0013105|
|Su Ping||Neuroscience and Neuropsychopathology||https://person.zju.edu.cn/suping#0|
|Su Nannan||Structural Biology||https://person.zju.edu.cn/sunannan|
|Du Yiling||Microbial Biochemistry/Natural Pharmaceutical Chemistry||https://person.zju.edu.cn/yiling_du|
|Li Xiangyao||Central Mechanism of Pain/Central Mechanisms of Autism||https://person.zju.edu.cn/pain|
|Li Xin||mRNA Translation and Degradation/Small RNA Silencing/RNA-mediated Transgenerational Inheritance||http://puji.zju.edu.cn/html_drupal/|
|Yang Xiaohang||Neural Stem Cell Division Patterns/Genetics/Cell Biology||https://person.zju.edu.cn/xhyang|
|Yang Lili||Nursing Education/Chronic Care Management/Health Education||https://person.zju.edu.cn/3200006|
|Yang Wei||Neurobiology/Biophysics/Molecular Pharmacology||https://person.zju.edu.cn/yangwei0219|
|Zou Wei||Molecular Mechanism of Neuronal Dendrite and Axon Degeneration||https://person.zju.edu.cn/weizou|
|Ying Songmin||Respiratory Disease/Decrepitude/Oncology/Pharmacology||https://person.zju.edu.cn/yings|
|Wang Lie||Differentiation and Development of Immune Cells/Experimental Animal Models||https://person.zju.edu.cn/wanglie|
|Shen Ying||Molecular Mechanisms of Cerebellar Function and Related Diseases||https://person.zju.edu.cn/yshen|
|Zhang Guojie||Evolutionary Biology/Comparative Genomics/Behavioral Genetics||https://person.zju.edu.cn/zhanggj|
|Zhang Cheng||Urologic Neoplasms/Renal Tumor/Non-coding RNA||https://person.zju.edu.cn/8021006|
|Shao Jing||Chronic Disease Health Management and Behavior Intervention/Influence Mechanism of Health Behavior/Nursing Occupational Environment||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0618399|
|Lin Weiqiang||Tumor Pathogenic Gene/Pathogenic Site/Nephropathy||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0013258|
|Lin Aifu||Molecular Cellular Oncology/Tumor Immunity and Targeted Transformation||https://person.zju.edu.cn/linlab|
|Yue Xiaomin||Functional and Molecular Mechanisms of Deafness-causing Gene TMC||https://person.zju.edu.cn/yuexiaomin|
|Zhou Quan||Targeted Drug Delivery/Precise Intracellular Delivery of Biological Macromolecules||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0618564|
|Zhou Hao||Diseases of Kidneys and Urinary System||https://person.zju.edu.cn/haozhou|
|Zhao Guohua||Basic and Clinical Studies of Neurodegenerative Diseases and Neurogenetic Diseases||https://person.zju.edu.cn/2306083|
|Hu Zhenhua||Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery/Liver Transplantation||https://person.zju.edu.cn/1505049|
|Luo Yan||Tumor Biochemistry/Tumor Metabolism||https://person.zju.edu.cn/luoyan2012|
|Xu Xiaojun||Pharmacology/Endocrine Metabolism/Traditional Chinese Medicine||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0023322|
|Xu Jian||Reproductive Medicine/Fertility Protection||https://person.zju.edu.cn/5183021|
|Xu Pengfei||Embryonic Development and Organogenesis/Artificial Construction of Organoids and Embryoids||https://person.zju.edu.cn/pengfeixu|
|Guo Jiangtao||Molecular Physiology and Biophysics||https://person.zju.edu.cn/guo_jiangtao_lab1|
|Tang Zhe||Minimally Invasive Treatment of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgical Diseases/Tumor Physical Therapy||https://person.zju.edu.cn/2202019|
|Huang Hefeng||Reproductive Medicine/Pregnancy Safety||https://person.zju.edu.cn/0091370|
|Gong Zhefeng||Neural Circuit Basis and Neural Information Coding of Animal Behavior||https://person.zju.edu.cn/gonglab|
|Dong Hengjin||Health Economy and Policy/Health Technology Assessment||https://person.zju.edu.cn/donghengjin|
|Jiang Ming||Construction and Drug Screening of Tumor Organ Models/Construction and Mechanisms of Lung Injury and Regenerative Organ Models/Molecular Mechanisms and Targeted Drug Screening of Esophageal Cancer||https://person.zju.edu.cn/ming_jiang|
|Han Peidong||Heart Development/Organ Regeneration/Heart Disease||https://person.zju.edu.cn/hanpd|
|Guan Wenjun||Microbial Synthetic Biology/Microbial Drug Resistance Mechanism||https://person.zju.edu.cn/guanwenjun|
|Guan Minxin||Pathogenic Mechanism and Clinical Transformation of Mitochondrial Molecular Genetics and Maternal Genetic Diseases||https://person.zju.edu.cn/guanmx|